Monday, March 18, 2013

Gears of War Judgement Beta Thoughts

 
     "What in the world?" That's exactly what I thought to myself as I played Gears of War Judgement's Overrun Beta. Not "what in the world" happened to the strategy of the game or "what in the world" did People Can Fly do to the control scheme. Instead, I was merely thinking "what in the world" are journalist even talking about these days?!
     For MONTHS, I have been reading about the changes that were coming with People Can Fly's iteration of Gears of War. I was nervous about the increased game-play speed. I was concerned about the "Call of Duty" control scheme. I was apprehensive about the class system. However, all of that concern went away within the first five minutes of trying out the Beta because Gears of War: Judgement plays and looks just like Gears of War 3. If I hadn't played over 250 hours of Gears 3, I probably wouldn't have even noticed that the menu changed, the color pallet is a little brighter, and the characters move a hair faster.
     Don't get me wrong. I love Gears of War Judgment so far. It's just like grandma's homemade pumpkin pie: it's nice to come home to. I was just expecting pecan.

No comments:

Post a Comment