Monday, March 4, 2013

Achievements: Awesome or Annoying?

       I've been enjoying games on my Xbox 360 for almost seven years now and have seen many features come and go. Frequent changes to the dashboard, controllers, system design, and even game cases have all helped to improve my gaming experience. However, one thing remains the same...achievements.
       My complaint is not with achievements themselves. (With a gamer score of 66,00+ it's obvious that I enjoy collecting them more than the average gamer.) The issue I have with achievements is the timing. After pouring hours upon hours into a game and finally finding myself at a critical plot point, it's frustrating to be taken out of the experience by an achievement message popping up right in the middle of the screen! Can't it wait until after I have completed the cut scene? At the very least, can you please place the message anywhere besides the middle of the screen? Sometimes the achievement message will even spoil what's about to happen in the game! Basically, you can call me Aretha Fanklin, because "all I'm asking for is just a little respect."

No comments:

Post a Comment